Background

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Beginning

I love the beginning of a new year.  It always feels like a second chance, a new beginning.  The next twelve months are blank, completely unwritten, just waiting to be filled in.  It gets me all excited, so much promise.

I won’t start any new years resolutions this year.  They never seem to stick past the first week…so this year I will just have a theme.  2011 is the year of Mama C and Baby K.  If it’s not something that benefits our lives or well-being, then we simply do not need it.

Being a Mother is a tough job.  Even at this early age, I feel like the filter of all things.  But how can I filter things for her, if I cannot also filter my life.  It’s all about what is healthy for us this year, physically, emotionally, financially, you name it.

When I learned of the affair and my marriage began to crumble, I immediately panicked.   I felt that I would never date again, no one would ever want me and I would never re-marry.  Since that time I have had numerous guys approach me and ask for my number.  Now, I will say that most of them aren’t worth writing home about, it did give me a bit of confidence.  Since my separation, I found out quickly that I am not ready to date and not even interested in dating.  For now, I want to focus on my beautiful, wonderful daughter and me.  I want to focus on improving all aspects of our lives.  2011 – The year that I will create and discover a new me, the year that I make improvements to help both Baby K and me.

Wishing you all the best in 2011,

Mama C

No comments:

Post a Comment